Translate

Monday, March 21, 2011

Emily Browning Keeps Getting Turned Down

Almost all of the hardcore Twilight fans know that the author of the popular fiction series, Stephenie Meyer, was interested in having Emily Browning (The Series of Unfortunate Events) star in the lead role of Bella Swan before Kristen Stewart received the part. What most don't know is that it wasn't the last time the 22-year-old actress was be turned down after auditioning for a major role.

Emily Browning circa 2007, back when the author
of Twilight wanted her to play Bella Swan.

In a recent interview with The Playlist, Browning admitted to also being turned down for the role of Katniss in the upcoming The Hunger Games movie adaption. (The part was recently given to Oscar nominee, Jennifer Lawrence).

"I read for the Hunger Games a couple of times but I've never read the books to be honest- which I know is terrible of me," Browning said. "With people wanting me to do Twilight I’m always like, ‘Oh, people love this book so much I don’t want to get involved, I don’t want to talk about it!’ but no, I read for Hunger Games a couple of times, but I think every single girl in Hollywood read for it a couple of times to be honest.”

Emily Browning in a promotional
picture for Sucker Punch.

Browning was also recently turned down for the lead role in the upcoming film Snow White and the Huntsman in which coincidentally, the role she was gunning for also went to Kristen Stewart.

But have no fear Browning fans, the young actress gets her chance to shine on the big screen this weekend when her action film, Sucker Punch, hits theaters. Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think!




Do you think Browning would have played a great Bella Swan. Katniss or Snow White?

No comments:

Post a Comment