Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Oscar Winner Predictions


This year winning one of the most prestigious awards in entertainment is not going to be an easy feat for any of the current nominees. I may be wrong, but here are my guesses for who will walk away with the golden man this year at the 2012 Oscars. 

Actor in a Leading Role
My guess: George Clooney in 'The Descendants'
There is no doubt in my mind that George won't walk away with an Oscar this year whether it is for his lead acting role in 'The Descendants' or for his adapted screenplay of 'The Ides of March'.

Runner-up guess: Brad Pitt in 'Moneyball'
Personally, I wasn't completely impressed with Brad's acting in this film but he has gotten a lot of critical acclaim, so he is a front runner.

Actress in a Leading Role
My guess: Meryl Streep in 'The Iron Lady'
Her role playing Margaret Thatcher has definitely had to have enchanted the academy this year.

Runner-up guess: Michelle Williams in 'My Week with Marilyn'
This was a tough choice for me. There is no doubt that Michelle did a wonderful job portraying the iconic Marilyn Monroe and she did just did a Golden Globe for playing the role. This one is a close call. 

Actress in a Supporting Role
My guess: Octavia Spencer in 'The Help'
Call it a premonition, but if Octavia Spencer doesn't walk away with an Oscar this year for playing the spunky maid Minny in 'The Help' then I don't know anything!

Octavia Spencer in The Help

Makeup
My guess: 'The Iron Lady' Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland
Make up is one of Meryll Streep's biggest weapons in terms of turning into the characters in each of her roles. Meryl's makeup transformation for this film is undoubtedly amazing.

Runner-up guess: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' Edouard F. Henrique, Gregory Funk and Yolanda Toussieng.
Wouldn't it be nice to see 'Harry Potter' win an Oscar after over a decade of fandom?

Who do you think is going to walk away with an Oscar this year? Or better yet, who do you want to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment